Tandem's membership is made up of individuals that may be:
- carers and family members of someone who has a mental health issue;
- former carers and those linked with carer groups;
- representatives of state-wide and regional/metropolitan mental health, and other, organisations that have a significant mental health carer focus;
- professional staff from carer support programs and mental health services;
- a carer academic or researcher; or
- people with a real interest in the advocacy this area.
- may be a family member, partner, friend or other person;
- may be of any age;
- will commonly be actively involved in caring for and supporting a person with mental health challenges, with this role not necessarily being a static role but rather a role that is capable of fluctuation over time according to the needs of the person with mental health challenges and the carer;
- will commonly have their life impacted by the wellbeing of the person with mental health challenges, and commonly undertakes for the care of and support of a person with mental health challenges in a voluntary capacity and not as part of their career or employment.
If this fits you, it is easy to become a member of Tandem. Simply click the link below.
Become a member
Alternatively you can download, print and complete the form at the bottom of the page. Please either scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Level 1, 37 Mollison Street, Abbotsford Victoria 3067.
Organisational membership is open to association, company or other organisation (not being an individual) which is a carer organisation or has a significant carer focus.
Orientation Manual for Tandem members
Rules of Association