About the Family and Carer-led Centres
Victoria’s Family and Carer-led Centres will provide support for family, carers and supporters of people with mental health challenges.
The Centres were a recommendation by the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System. (You can read about them in chapter 19 of Volume 3 of the Royal Commission's final report).
The Centres will be led by staff who have lived experience supporting someone with mental health challenges.
The Department of Health is creating eight regions for the delivery of mental health services. There will be one Family and Carer-led Centre in each region.
The State Government announced the providers for seven of the Centres in January 2023. The successful providers are:
- Gippsland: Wellways Australia (lead) with Satellite Foundation
- Hume: Gateway Health
- Loddon Mallee: Mind Australia (lead) with Mallee Family Care
- South Western: Wellways Australia (lead) with Satellite Foundation and Bethany Community Support
- South East (metro): Star Health (lead) with Connect Health and Community, and Central Bayside Community Health (partners)
- North East (metro): Access Health and Community (lead) with with Self Help Addiction Recovery Centre (SHARC), healthAbility, and Inspiro (partners)
- Western (metro): Jesuit Social Services
An announcement is yet to be made on a provider for the Grampians region Centre.
Read Tandem's media release announcing the providers on our Media page.
As with all state government services the budget for the Centres is set by the government.