Tandem's membership is made up of individuals that may be:
- Family members and friends (carer) of someone who has mental health issues.
- Former carers and those linked with carer groups.
- Representatives of state-wide and regional/metropolitan mental health, and other, organisations that have a significant mental health carer focus.
- Professional staff from carer support programs and mental health services.
- A carer academic or researcher.
- People with a real interest in the advocacy this area.
Join as an Individual
- may be a family member, partner, friend or other person;
- may be of any age;
- will commonly be actively involved in caring for and supporting a person with mental health issues, with this role not necessarily being a static role but rather a role that is capable of fluctuation over time according to the needs of the person with mental health issues and the carer;
- will commonly have their life impacted by the wellbeing of the person with mental health issues, and commonly undertakes for the care of and support of a person with mental health issues in a voluntary capacity and not as part of their career or employment.