What do the Family and Carer-led Centres do?
The Centres provide a warm and welcoming space for families, carers and supporters. They provide information, support and access to funding.
The Centres are being co-designed by families, carers and supporters, in partnership with Tandem.
The Royal Commission recommended that the Centres:
- Each have a physical location and an online presence
- Provide information about supports and services available in each region
- Connect families, carers and supporters with the right support as available
- Offer after-hours access in some form
- Provide families, carers, friends, and supporters with access to funds to help with immediate practical needs
- Support older carers with transition planning
- Help families and carers to navigate the Mental Health and Wellbeing system and other supports
- Support volunteer-based family and carer peer support groups in each region